MINGUS AH UM - CHARLES MINGUS - STEREO VERSION (2 REELS)
Hemiolia Records | Master Tapes
Catalog no. HRERM22000148E
- Tape format: 1/4" - 2 tracks
- Recording speed: 15 ips (38 cm/sec)
- Brand of the virgin tape: RTM - Recording the Masters
- Tape model: SM900-premium high output studio tape
* The NAB option takes 7 business days to prepare
This item is not available for sale in the U.S.A.
CHARLES MINGUS - MINGUS AH UM
Remastered Hemiolia's Stereo Edition by Pietro Benini - 2022
Charles Mingus: Bass
Booker Ervin: Tenor sax
John Handy: Alto and tenor sax, clarinet
Shafi Hadi: Alto and tenor sax
Jimmy Knepper: Trombone
Willie Dennis: Trombone
Horace Parlan: Piano
Dannie Richmond: Drums
All Compositions written by Charles Mingus - Original sessions produced by Teo Macero
- Recorded: May 5, 1959 & May 12, 1959 at Columbia 30th Street Studio, New York City
- Recording engineers: Ray Moore, Fred Plaut
- Analog editing and remastering engineer: Pietro Benini (September 2022)
1 - Better Git It In Your Soul - 07'21''
2 - Goodbye Pork Pie Hat - 05'46''
3 - Boogie Stop Shuffle - 05'01''
4 - Self-Portrait In Three Colors - 03'11''
5 - Open Letter to Duke - 05'52''
1 - Bird Calls - 06'18''
2 - Fables Of Faubus - 08'14''
3 - Pussy Cat Dues - 09'15''
4 - Jelly Roll - 06'16''
Total time: 57:14 (27'11'' reel one + 30'03'' reel two)
Technical Notes :
In collaboration with ERMITAGE DISTRIBUTION.
All Hemiolia Records's Master Tapes born from the collaboration with Ermitage Distribution are producing using as a source exclusively Production Masters (First Generation) in stereo, 2 tracks - 1/4”